Become part of the team at the Community School at Cape Cod Tech as the PT permanent Administrative Assistant. The Community School provides continuing education evening programs with skills training and certifications for adult students.
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support for the adult education students, instructors and Director.
The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Director to provide the following:
• Responds to inquiries regarding classes and costs in a professional and courteous manner via phone, email and in-person with an understanding of the educational needs of the population.
• Organizes student registration paperwork and course verification through on-line registration system and email including ordering CORI checks, verifying medical requirements and collection of signed program handbooks.
• Interaction with communityschoolcct.org website and registration software (ACTIVEWorks) in regard to student inquires and course registrations.
• Creates sign-in sheets for instructors and then collects, enters and tracks student hours and attendance in Excel.
• Assist with the application process, selection, support and tracking of candidates for the Senator Donnelly Workforce Grant for HVAC training
• Schedule classroom and shop usage and coordinate any special meetings with school staff and instructors following standard school protocols.
• Performs general clerical duties for the program and instructors, including faxing, photocopying, mail, and Purchase Orders.
• Visitor reception and student reception including the first day of classes.
• Special projects for marketing and outreach purposes
Starting date : June 1, 2021
Hours : 1:30 - 6:00 p.m. Mon - Thursday. (18 hrs a week) – flexible hours in July and August
Part-time evening instructor needed to teach electrical apprentices the National Electrical Code. Responsible for classroom teaching, online components, curriculum and verification of hours for students to complete the necessary classroom time required to become a licensed MA Electrician.
Two evenings a week for 3 hours a night starting in September 2021. Must hold a current MA Electrical License.
Start date: September 2021
Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) or doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM) may apply
26 hours: 18 hours needed of didactic instruction (6 weeks of 3 hours per class) plus field trip (8 hours).
Mondays 6pm-9pm at Cape Cod Tech Community School (adult education). This will supplement a full course including small animal and exotic medicine. You may develop your own course materials, powerpoint and tests. Suggestions for topics would be breed identification, husbandry, nutrition, restraint, common diseases, food production, laws and ethics of ownership/ breeding. A hands on farm field trip is encouraged.